Job ID: TCS#040622
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Summary of position:
The Accounts Payable & Payroll Coordinator role is tasked with managing all activities related to the accounts payable and payroll functions for the entire organization. The position requires that timely and accurate records be always kept of all accounts payable and payroll files and does so in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures and all applicable laws.
Essential Responsibilities and duties include (but not limited to) the following:
- Timecard/sheet review (job name, job number, labour type)
- Setup new employees in the various systems
- Distribute to department managers for approval
- Process field and shop payroll into Jonas
- Maintain Union and government compliance
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
- Receive mail and stamp invoices with receiving date
- Match and distribute packing slips and invoices, download credit card statements and distribute to department managers for allocation and approval
- Conduct cheque runs and distribute payments
- Responsible for month end journal entries as they relate to accounts payable and payroll and other expenses
- Responsible for accounts payable GL reconciliation
- Maintain vendor relationships (i.e. communicating with vendors regarding enquiries for payments)
- Working to ensure weekly cash flow projection plans are followed
- Collaborate with purchasing to ensure information flows properly and controls are maintained
- Managing incoming telephone calls in a polite and professional manner and transfer calls to the appropriate person
- Provide administrative support to team membersCompetencyTo perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competenciesTechnical skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
Strategic thinking – Understands organization strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; supports the organizations goals and values. Ensures that the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles are always adhered to
Planning/organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; sets goals and objectives. Professionalism follows through on commitments. Attention is detail is also very important
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibility; Exhibits objectively and openness to other views; gives and welcomes feedback; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic plans.
Education and /or Experience
- 3 years’ experience as an accounts payable and payroll or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to write reports, internal company correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers.
- Knowledge of company ERP software, MS Office including, MS Excel and MS Word, and Jonas accounting software.