Estimating and Project Coordinator
Technical Concrete Solutions Ltd. is leading the way in infrastructure service and innovative scaffolding and forming/shoring solutions. We have built our business on high standards of safety and a true quality service.
We are currently seeking an Estimating and Project Coordinator with a structural/civil background to join our team that is willing to learn and grow with the company in our temporary structures/ scaffolding division.
This role manages all aspects of the construction process to ensure compliance with approved drawings, specifications, building codes/regulations, OH&S Standards, ISO 9001:2015 Quality Standards and Technical Concrete Solutions guidelines.
What you will be doing:
- Discuss the scope of new projects and drawings/designs with Sales, Management and Designer
- Prepare and identify work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Review contractor bid packages
- Estimate and price jobs with a high level of project coordination within set deadlines
- Calculations and technical data analysis
- Assist with risk management planning i.e., based on past experiences and lessons learned
- Compute costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Design drawing review, markup, and coordinate with Design
- Liaison with engineer and sales, schedule site visits and lookahead meetings
- Attend sales meetings for scope clarification and communicate any changes to appropriate parties
- Generate AutoCAD drawings as needed
- Preparing material take-offs with corresponding drawings’ specifications and estimating
- Resource for project managers and sales representatives as the project progresses
- Coordinate and facilitate with external suppliers
- Ensure site conditions and restrictions are met along with any safety protocols
- Maintain and timely records of all project related activities in accordance with ISO processes for record collection and document control
- Other duties as required
What you will bring along:
- 2-3 years previous experience in the construction or formwork industry
- Knowledge of all relevant codes: OHSA, OBC, Toronto Municipality Guides,
- Basic design standards
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel
- Able to work within deadlines
- High level of organization
- Pro-active thinking and planning
- Knowledge of Avontus/Quantify is an asset
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Technical skills: Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with other.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions.
- Strategic thinking: Understands organization strengths and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Ethical: Treats people with respect; supports organizations goals and value.
- Cost Conscious: Contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
- Planning and Organization: Prioritizes and plans work activities; sets goals and objectives. Professionalism follows through on commitments. Self disciplined and comfortable with a remote working environment
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibility; exhibits objectivity and openness to other views; gives and welcomes feedback; develops realistic plans.
- Time managementwith an ability to meet deadlines
Benefits and health coverage
Job Location: Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular